Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sunday, January 3, 2009

It is a freezing cold Sunday afternoon and I have been home all day. Molly woke up not feeling well so the kids and I stayed home while Nate went to church services. I have used the time at home to pull down all the Christmas trees and the other decorations. It is always a little sad when all the season's treasures come down....I love the sparkly lights and beautiful trinkets that make our home so festive, but like a new year, cleaning out the corners makes room for changes and repairs, cleanings and creative touches for a new year.

I have been fairly reflective of 2009 and looking forward to 2010 today. A new year, a new decade. Nathan and I decided 2009 would be the year we would pursue adoption. It has been a wild ride for sure! I have learned so much this year. I have learned about our world, about myself, and so much about Nathan. Tears of pain and anguish for losses have been shed along with tears of joy from realizing how blessed we are. Perspective is the word that best captures 2009 for me.

As we are now heading forward in 2010, I am taking all the experiences of this past year and anticipating what lies ahead. The decision to adopt is now more than a choice, it is a conviction. We have given ourselves over to the idea completely and we are now patiently waiting for the right opportunity to present itself.

We have received a phone call this past week with an opportunity. We are waiting to receive more information about this placement to make a decision. Tomorrow we could receive a call which could really determine the direction 2010 will go for us. I am looking forward to getting all the details and anticipate many prayers and discussions to follow. I will share more information later once we know more and know whether we will be pursuing this case.

No comments:

Post a Comment