Wednesday, September 7, 2011

October 10

October 10th is the birthday of Tanya Tucker, David Lee Roth, Brett Farve and the amazing Mario Lopez (that was a joke!). October 10th, the day Wayne Gretzky debutes in the NHL and the last day Joe Namath plays in the NFL. October 10--as you can see has very limited signifigance to the world at large, however it will be a very important day, at least this year for our family.

October 10th is court day. There have been 3 court days since Emma and Jordon were introduced to us, but this one has some signifigance. We have been told the state of Kentucky will be suggesting TPR (Termination of Parental Rights) for the children. We have been told there is a possibility the judge could rule from the bench on that day the ultimate fate of the children. The judge could also take her time to make a decision, but we have been told there is little for her to consider. As always, the judge could say the TPR is premature and extend time to the parents. However, we have been told the likelyhood of this is small.

I have very mixed feelings about the whole thing. I guess this makes me human. I can not stand the idea of a mother losing her children, but I understand that the welfare of the children dictates this is necessary. I can not stand the idea of what grief will lie ahead for Emma, who will most assuredly grieve her parents, but realize in so many ways she is fully invested in our life and considers Nathan and I her parents. I am not anticipating the moment I will have to tell her she will not be able to see her parents again, yet she has told me on more than one occassion she does not understand why she can't just be Emma Jones. I don't look forward to the conversations with Jordon as he grows older and begins to understand this part of his history. And to be honest, it scares the bejeezers out of me to be responsible for five little people all the time, everyday for the next forever.

So prayer warriors, we have 1 month, 3 days to be praying this out. Please pray that the Lords will be done in all of this. Pray that the decisions being made on behalf of these kiddos by the powers that be will be wise, will be just, and will be made in the best interest of the kids. Please be praying for the five of us Joneses to be spending the next month communicating well with one another, prayerfully considering the next phase of this journey. Finally be praying for the birth parents who will be faced at a minimum with some very hard decisions to make and most likely with the realization they will lose their children. I can not imagine.


Blessings and thanksgiving.
Sara

1 comment:

  1. Sara, you are all going to be in my daily prayers. I am just really just beginning to understand how some of this goes. We are in the process of becoming foster parents and our weekly classes introduce me to some of these feelings. Feelings of sadness that parents may lose their children to me. Sadness and heartbreak for the children who are taken away from the families that they love. Feelings of great blessings that WE are able to provide for the children and love them through the hardest times of their young live. Thankful for the love and blessings that they will give us. We aren't there yet, of course, but this situation is close to my heart. We will be praying for all of you. Birth Family, Jones Family, Judge and all involved in the legalities, and especially Emma and Jordon.

    ReplyDelete